About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm a writer, reader, and huge TV junkie. I just might post about all three here on this blog. Have a look around. And if you want, drop me an email and tell me what you think. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, July 22, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!


The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over atGReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!

This Friday's Question:
Bookshelf Tour:

Where do you keep
your books at home?
Are they organized?


Excellent question, G! Just recently I converted a spare room in my house into a library, and I couldn't be happier with it! I unfortunately do not have pics to show you, but here's pretty much what it looks like:



Well, maybe more like this:


Actually, I have maybe 200-300 books, which some say is a lot but I don't think it is. And yes, I do have to keep them organized. Not alphabetically or anything--I just keep all books by an author together, and I try my best to keep genres together (mystery, horror, YA, etc.).

Anyways, I love my books. I love just looking at them and holding them and opening them. And I just know I'm not alone in this, right? RIGHT?

Ahem.

Moving on.

8 comments:

  1. I need an extra room for the books! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the first pic :-)

    P.S. you have TWO more books headed your way today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari - Yep, that's why I did what I did! =)

    G - No way!! You are so awesome...love you bunches! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool blog! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second picture! That bookcase is gorgeous. One can never have too many books, eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two 6 foot tall book cases that are nearly falling apart with all the books. They are also stacked all over the house - and I do mean everywhere.

    The only thing I don't like about my books is packing them up and moving them to a new house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of books! Double to triple mine! One day I want a library! Hope edits are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's a lot of books. Since getting my ereader...well I am getting a lot of them, but I only buy hardcover of the books that I absolutely fall IN LOVE with...otherwise? I would end up with a room like that too!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete