About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm a writer, reader, and huge TV junkie. I just might post about all three here on this blog. Have a look around. And if you want, drop me an email and tell me what you think. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF over at GReads!


The awesomeness that is Ginger (or G, as I like to call her) over at GReads! has created a great meme that is tons of fun. Each Friday, she poses a question for anyone to answer. Go check her out and join in!

This Friday's Question:

Reading Challenges:

Did you sign up for
any this year?
How has your
progression been?


Excellent question, G! And I am proud to say that I have joined a reading challenge, thank you very much! :-)

I entered the 2011 Reading Challenge via Goodreads and as of today, I am currently running 1 book behind (I know, boo me). I wasn't as confident or adventurous as some people (hint hint...it's you, G!), so I only opted to read 50 books this year...so I guess being only 1 behind is pretty good!

I do hope to complete the 50 books before the end of the year, but I have lots of editing/writing to do by then (1st draft of Book 2 is due in January...agh!), so we will see!

How about you guys? Any reading challenges you're a part of? Any you wish you were a part of?
Comment away!

5 comments:

  1. Quita and I are part of the 2011 Debut Authors challenge, and we just have 2 books to go. Woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We both went for a goal of 50! I'm at 42, will finish 43 tonight & maybe 44 this weekend (at least I hope). This also isn't including any WIP's I'm reading (darn). At least you'll get 2 good ones in the mail to help out.

    OMG! First DRAFT is due then?! Wow! Good luck (here to help).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not part of a reading challenge, but I know a few of my fellow up and coming writer friends are looking forward to National Novel Writing Month in November. I tried it a few years back, but I had to go on location for Frommer's for a week and a half and never ended up finishing. I was bummed, but the travel experience in Netherlands was amazing!

    ReplyDelete